Monday, July 26, 2010

Would you call this work-related?

After being home since the last week in June, as I have covered already, I have worked.

"Honda Service how can I help you?"

If I have said it once, I've said it a thousand times. This is in no way a complaint, more ov an observation. Honda as a brand has very loyal customers. Customers that get very pissed if you tell them that their service visit will cost over $20 and will involve more than 16 minutes of their time. I say 16 minutes because they have spent the past 15 minutes telling me about this noise that they hear everytime they slam on their brakes and turn the wheel hard left and eject from the car. Really ma'm? Your van has 1700lbs of random crap in the back and youre telling me the reason why the doors wont shut around in properly is my fault? No.

Once again this is not a complaint at all, because I know the pains of bad customer service, so I go to great lengths to commit to a good overall customer experience. The only drawback of making work personal is that the second you emotionally commit yourself to someone elses problem, you in turn allow other day-to-day issues bother you. Your relationships with others are non-existent because you've spent the past 12 hours getting the full spectrum of the human emotions. These people absolutely hate giving the dealership I work at money and they want a face to be mad at. That face is mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment