Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday.

So to catch you up, here is what is going on lately.  In the time that I have started ACN classes I have also begun doing more work at school as opposed to home. Why? I feel like I am able to get more accomplished when its on-site. I tend to decompress when I get home and want to unwind. The negative effects that has had have to be noted too, though. I have become messy! I started doing a hell of a lot more work at school so my time spent at home has become less and less. What started as 6 hours a day has turned into 12+ hours a day at school with breaks sprinkled here and there for dinner and the occasional conversations with others but I basically leave school-come home-shower-sleep-leave for school. Its a process that winners are made of I guess. I need to clean! Haha

Today is the last day at PCC before I have spring break here. Two classes left at ACN before I go on that almost-month long break 'til summer term.

I have 3 projects that I am currently working on, a How-to of sorts for my Adv. Rendering and two car projects that I am working on in the other two classes. Before, whenever I drew cars, I felt embarrassed or superiorly self-concious about drawing cars in front of others or them seeing what I was working on. Mainly because I surround myself with incredible talents that are, what feels like, miles ahead of me. However with the two car projects I am attacking all at once I can feel my confidence growing and my talent too. I am enthralled with the process of properly developing the form of a vehicle of sorts and attempting to forsee what a future within vehicles would be like. There is such a surge of technology out there that attempting to fit it within a car isnt actually too far out of the equation. 

A couple new concepts have come out too, the Lexus LF-Gh, the Audi Q3 and the BMW M5 Concept.

I want to address just a couple things about each.

The Lexus: Looks like a bad day. I dont like it I think its unfinished and decidedly un-lexus like. You might scoff and say that it could be the new design language Lexus is trying...well tell them to stop.

The Audi: PLEASE PLEASE tell me this is a joke. If I wanted a jacked up A3 with no more cargo space than the car and the slightest touch of agility, couldn't I just ask for an A3 Allroad?

The BMW M5: I beg and beg and beg for BMW to just look at the M5 line for the past 20 years and take a long hard look at where their 5 series and subsequent M brand is going. Is greater appeal sacrificing the M lineage or am I making this up? When people say AMG or even Audi S-line, you distinctively know that its business and speed. When I think of the new M5 and whatever it'll do, Im scared it is going to be a heavy car with a big engine....didnt GM try that?


I also went to a meet and greet/ discussion with the famous Syd Mead. He is quite possibly the most incredible artist I have met. I bought his book on the spot and he signed it. PLEASE take the time to research him if you have not.

Who is ready for Summer?!







No comments:

Post a Comment