Thursday, January 5, 2012

This is the first post of 2012. The year I start Art Center College of Design.






























To cover everything that I did while I was home would take probably 5 posts and one dedicated to me crying for some reason or another. Ill hop over the most important things that happened.

When I landed there was a huge windstorm back in Pasadena, to which I have come to the conclusion that only major weather events happen when I leave destinations.

I of course started back up at the Honda store I worked at long ago. I say it a lot on here but I have been incredibly blessed to have a job at my convenience and for them to keep me on the payroll. Theres a thousand things I did do while I was back there, but just like every past break I have spent there, things lead up to a lesson that I learn. That lesson was to accept that people will not like me, or the decisions I make. I did a lot of things to try to make day-to-day routines easier on those who worked with me. For reasons unknown to me I felt resented. The best way I can describe the response to me coming back to work with some of my co-workers would be icy.
        I was told towards the end of my month long stay that one of my co-workers whom I would confide my agitations with finally blurted out

"Honey, you make them look bad!"

and with that the lesson hit and hit hard. I was upset. I was more upset at the fact that I had walked into this place with the confidence I did to assume that when I started back doing this on my break I also started just working the way I did before without the care that two others worked with me. I had to endure working by myself for so long that is all I knew before coming back. I have a method that worked and before I came back they had hired two people in the 40 plus age group. Nothing against the ages, but they are set in their ways and would loudly announce in my presence that they did no like the changes I was doing. Which consisted exactly of the job I was originally hired to do. You know what that lesson was that I learned? Work your ass off. Work it off because you'll stand out. The people you make look bad will piss and moan, and while they're doing that you're creating change. Change for the better. As long as your intentions are good and you have been guided by the best to go above and beyond in your job, you'll shine.

Hate to say it but if only I was the manager there. Id fire and hire a new crew STAT to save some money that is clearly being lost.

Next week, I start Art Center. I have to get back into that mindset. Im excited and scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment